The Nike Historical Society HOME   MENU

Nike Historical Society Meeting Minutes Jan. 29, 2017

Attendees:Al Kellogg, Ron Parshall, Liz Parshall, Ron Jacobs, Gordon Lunn, Judy Kellogg and Joe Sikoryak.

Called to order at 10:30 a.m.

Secretary read minutes of 10/23/16 meeting and they were accepted.

Treasurer's report: As of 1/20/17 we have $8619.70 in the bank. Treasurer's report was accepted.

New Business:

The current officers were reappointed to their respective positions by the Board for a one-year term.

Secretary had receipts for expenses in amount of $211.98 for office supplies and postage which was paid by Treasurer. Invoice from Uline for $63.70 given to Treasurer to pay for large envelopes received in January 2017. We now have 654 members and we made $841.15 this quarter.

NHS being a 501c non-profit will have to file for a business license so that taxes can be paid on the items in our store. Liz went on-line to check on the regulations and suggested that the secretary should hold the business license and pay the IRS taxes for the society. Judy will check into the business license in San Mateo County.

Gordon Lunn has spoken to Joe Sikoryak regarding his interest in making a short documentary about the Nike Veterans. Joe has two projects in mind: Missiles on the Hill and Morning's First Beam. He joined our meeting to discover from the member Nike Vets a personal view of what it was like to serve on a Nike Site, along with getting contacts to help with his project.

Two years ago Gordon Lunn was looking into restoration of the Firing Battery trophy which is in Sacramento. A motion was put forward and approved to restore the trophy. Gordon and Al Kellogg will look into the logistics.

We still have not heard from Angel Island personnel regarding the decals for the Ajax missile. Is the store open, or should someone go there to see what we can do to inquire about purchase of the decals we made for them? Also Gordon and Ezio revised a book chapter about Angel Island so Al Kellogg will check with Angel Island to see if they have this chapter.

Al is still working on hats and has come up with a design which he will show the members for approval by the end of March 2017. Joe Sikoryak volunteered his help with the graphics.

Webmaster Ron Jacobs is working on our web pages and updating.

Our next meeting will be in South San Francisco on April 30th at 11 a.m.

Meeting was adjourned at 11:55 a.m.